12th International Open Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Tournament in Belgium. IBJJF rules (Gi). 11 September 2021, Ghent, Belgium.
COACHES: Only registered competitors and coaches will be able to enter the competition floor! Get your Coach Pass here.
SPECTATORS: Only registered spectators will be able to enter the venue! Get your Spectator Pass here.
FAQ Flanders BJJ Cup 2021
1. Q: Do you need a Covid Safe Ticket or test? A: No. We’re organizing according to the Belgian law for sports events with a limit on the number of spectators.
2. Q: Can you buy a ticket at the door? A: No. To avoid queues you can only buy a spectator/coach pass online: https://d.io/flandersbjjcup2021
3. Q: Do children need a spectator pass? A: Only from 12 years old. Under 12 years old they can enter without QR code.
4. Q: When is the weigh-in? A: Just before your first match. Please be on time, at least 1 hour before the indicated time on Smoothcomp: https://bjjl.smoothcomp.com/en/event/4852/schedule
5. Q: I cannot participate, can I get a refund? A: No, as indicated at registration there is a no refund policy. Before the end of the registration check day, you can give your ticket to a team mate. After the registration check day, this will be a 'no show' without refund or voucher.
If there are any mistakes on the information the athletes need to edit their registration on their Smoothcomp account.
Go to Account > My account > Your registrations > Edit.
The deadline is September 8th, 23h59. After the registration check day, no changes will be made and no refunds will be given.
During the tournament, any mistakes on the brackets will lead to immediate disqualification.
> Customer service: [email protected] <
To guarantee the quality of the brackets and academy points, there's a list of registered academies.
To register please verify that your account is added to a registered academy. You can join an academy on the academy's page (approval by an academy manager could be required).
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION until 30/06/2021, 23h59: 30 EUR
REGULAR REGISTRATION from 01/07/2020 until 31/08/2021, 23h59: 35 EUR
LATE REGISTRATION from 01/09/2021 until 07/09/2021, 23h59: 40 EUR
ONLY IN THE CASE THE EVENT HAS TO BE CANCELED, EVERYONE WILL BE REFUNDED.
* FREE "Flanders BJJ Cup Competitor" patch for every competitor! *
** Exclusive medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. **
*** Flanders BJJ Cup Trophy and € 1000 CASH PRIZES for best academies! ***
500 EUR – 1st place academies
300 EUR – 2nd place academies
200 EUR – 3rd place academies
Important message about the academies: the academies of the registrations must be EXACTLY the same to add the academy points and to avoid a match between team mates in the 1st round of a bracket. You can change your academy by logging into your account. IMPORTANT: ONLY the 'Academy' field in the registration form will be taken into account for the prize for 'best academy'. The Affiliaton/Team field will NOT be taken into account.
CATEGORIES (athlete with gi on; zero tolerance at weigh-in)
Men (adults only): White, Blue, Elite
-64 kg (Light feather)
-70 kg (Feather)
-76 kg (Light)
-82,3 kg (Middle)
-88,3 kg (Medium heavy)
-94,3 kg (Heavy)
+94,3 kg (Super & Ultra heavy)
Women (adults only): White, Blue & up
-58,5 kg (Feather)
-64 kg (Light)
+64 kg (Middle)
Open classes: only for the first three classified athletes of each weight category of the adults (born in 2005 and before). There will not be an open class for white belts. Athletes must register in Open Class within 15 minutes after receiving their medal awards.